Code of Ethics of CLHIA Members (Canadian Life Insurance Company)
As a condition of membership, all CLHIA members are committed to conducting their business in accordance with the following principles:
- To engage in keen, fair competition so that the public can obtain the products and services it needs at reasonable prices.
- To advertise products and services clearly and straightforwardly, and to avoid practices that might mislead or deceive.
- To ensure that illustrations of prices, values and benefits are clear and fair, and contain appropriate disclosure of amounts that are not guaranteed.
- To write all contacts in clear, direct language without unreasonable restrictions.
- To use underwriting techniques that are sound and fair.
- To pay all valid claims fairly and promptly and without unreasonable requirements.
- To ensure competent and courteous sales and service.
- To respect the privacy of individuals by using personal information only for the purposes authorized and not revealing it to any unauthorized person.